This recipe is for 6 serves.
- ½ lb chicken meat, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- ½ tsp cumin, (16-oz)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cup mixed shredded root vegetables, such as:
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups milk
- In a large pot, bring the chicken, chicken broth, salt, pepper, cumin, and bay leaves to a boil.
- Cook over a medium heat until chicken is well done.
- Add the remaining ingredients - except for the milk - and return to boil, then cover the pot and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for about 30 minute or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Slowly stir in the milk.
- Simmer for further 3 minutes, stirring gently.
- Note: other lean meats may be substituted for the chicken.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.