Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubes
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large tomato, peeled and cut into wedges
- Cook onion in butter in large skillet over medium heat until soft but not brown. Stir in rice and garlic; cook, stirring, over medium heat until rice is golden.
- Add white pepper, turmeric and broth. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add chicken cubes, mushrooms, green pepper and tomato; cover and cook 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.