Makes 6 servings per casserole.
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 4-ounce can green chilis, chopped
- Cook zucchini in salted water about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion in skillet; cook over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender crisp.
- Add rice, green chilis and zucchini.
- Blend eggs, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir into meat mixture.
- Turn into two greased shallow 2-quart casseroles.
- Top each casserole with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake one at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Wrap and freeze the other for later use.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.