- Momo also can be cooked in broth and served as a soup or fried.
- This recipe will work well with beef, lamb, pork or chicken, all of which are traditional for momo.
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb. Yak meat, finely chopped
- 2-5 cm. minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 4 cups flour
- oil or vegetable oil spray
- Mix the flour with enough cold water to make a fairly stiff dough.
- Knead it well and roll small pieces into thin rounds, about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Mix meat, onion, garlic, soy sauce, ginger and salt together.
- Put a teaspoon of meat mixture in each little pancake and fold over.
- Pinch, flute or pleat the edges together so the momo looks like a half-moon or is round shaped.
- Lightly coat a bamboo or metal steamer with vegetable spray and arrange momo so they do not touch.
- Cover and steam over boiling water for l0-15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.