Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Servings: 18
- 1 x 11 oz pie crust mix (for 2-crust pie)
- 5 oz broccoli, frozen and chopped
- ¾ cup cheese, Swiss
- 1 cups milk, fat-free
- ½ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp dill
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat thirty-six 1¾-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare pie crust mix according to package directions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to slightly less than ⅛ inch thick.
- Using a 2½-inch fluted round biscuit or cookie cutter, cut dough into circles.
- Re-roll scraps, cutting additional circles.
- Line each muffin cup with a pastry circle.
- Pat broccoli dry with paper towels.
- Divide broccoli and cheese evenly among pastry-lined muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg product, dill, and salt; spoon about 2 teaspoons of the milk mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes.
- Loosen and remove from pans.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- 123 Calories | 7 g Total Fat | 3 g Saturated Fat | 179 mg Sodium | 9 g Carbs | 0 g Dietary Fiber | 5 mg Cholesterol | 3 g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ starch, ½ lean meat, 1 fat
- Carb Choices: ½
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.