- 1 pound salt cod
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 2 large eggs
- oil for frying
- Soak salt cod overnight and during the morning, changing water three times.
- Drain, remove skin and any bones and cut in small chunks.
- Simmer a small onion, thinly sliced, with a bay leaf and 4 peppercorns in 2 cups of water.
- After 5 minutes, add the cod and 2 cups of water.
- When it simmers, cover the pan and remove from heat, so the cod doesn't toughen.
- Drain the and flake it well into a bowl.
- Add 2 cups of mashed potatoes; beat two eggs with a pinch of salt and add them to the and potatoes.
- Add the parsley , salt and freshly grated pepper to taste.
- Wait about ½ hour to form the balls.
- Use good, fresh oil for frying (set deep-fryer temperature at 375 °F).
- Dry in paper towels.
- Serve with a good batida and some very cold beer!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.