Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 26 minutes | 20 minutes Prep
- 14 Cookies
- 1¼ cups butter, diced at room temperature
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1½ cups flour
- 1⅔ cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1½ teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 3 ounces quality white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons crushed chocolate shavings
- Place mascarpone cheese in mixing bowl.
- Dissolve coffee in the rum.
- Add coffee rum and brown sugar to the cheese.
- Mix together well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until needed.
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Line 2 – 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream caster sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Place mixture into a pastry bag with a ½ inch plain nozzle attached, or you could us a heavy-duty plastic bag and snip off about ½ inch from 1 corner.
- Pipe 28 small blobs onto the baking sheets, spacing slightly apart.
- Cook for 6 – 8 minutes until firm in the center and just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To assemble, spread the filling over half of the cookies.
- Top with the other halves.
- Put chocolate and milk together into a small bowl and place over hot water.
- Do not overheat.
- When chocolate is melted stir vigorously to make a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the topping over the cookies and sprinkle with grated crushed chocolate flakes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.