A bold combination of nuts and barbecue is made tangier and baked to red-hot perfection. You can also accompany the barbecue dishes for the nuts for other occasions.
- ⅓ cup water, hot or lukewarm only
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1 ½ cup mixed salted nuts
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. chili powder, optional
- 1 tbsp. barbecue spice rub
- Heat oven to 250° C. In a small pan, mix water, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire. Add nuts.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Drain nuts; spread nuts on ungreased jelly roll pan; bake at 250 for 50 to 55 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, barbecue spice rub, garlic powder, and chili powder (optional). Add toasted nuts; toss nuts with butter until all nuts are coated.
- Dry the nuts in the sun, if desired. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot and plain.