Contributed by Delma at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 (¼-ounce) package active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water (98 to 105°F)
- 2½ cups + ½ to 1 cup prepared biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup (½ stick) melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Put the 2½ cups of biscuit mix in a large bowl; stir in the sugar.
- Add the yeast mixture, stirring vigorously.
- Sprinkle the work surface generously with the remaining ½ to 1 cup biscuit mix.
- Turn the dough out onto the surface and knead well, 15 to 20 times.
- Shape the dough as desired. (I shape heaping tablespoons of dough into balls).
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Just before putting into oven, brush rolls with melted butter.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Brush the rolls again with melted butter while they're hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.