- Makes 6 to 8.
- 1 pound firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 leek or onion, sautéed
- ¼ cup mixed nuts/seeds (sunflower, walnut, piñon)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Combine the first five ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined.
- The mixture should be a bit smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, excluding the breadcrumbs: shape into patties; pat each side with breadcrumbs.
- Sauté on both sides in ghee until golden brown.
- Bake at 350 degrees f for 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bun or as an entrée with a sauce.
Ghee, a traditional oil used in Indian and Ayurvedic cuisine, is similar to clarified butter. It has a high heat tolerance allowing for quick, healthy sautéing. The recipe can be found in the International Cuisine, Asian section.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.