Serve with toppings of your choice.
Serves 2 to 4, depending on appetites.
- 250 grams regular tofu, crumbled
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons light oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or more, depending on your taste)
- sea salt (optional)
- 4 to 6 slices whole grain bread
- Blend all ingredients but the bread in your blender or food processor.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high, adding a little oil to keep French toast from sticking.
- Dip the bread in the tofu mixture until well-coated but not soggy and place a couple of dipped slices in the hot pan.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Make sure that before cooking each batch of French toast you add a little more oil to the pan.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.