- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 to 2 eggs' worth of egg substitute or 2 – 4 egg whites
- ½ cup fat-free or low-fat cottage cheese (I use 1%)
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup reduced fat tofu (Mori Nu Lite), cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash or 2 of Tabasco sauce
- one or more of the following:
- Purée cornstarch, skim milk, egg substitute, cottage cheese, yogurt, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce in blender.
- Stir in the filling of choice pour into quiche dish or pie pan sprayed briefly with PAM and bake at 350°F for 30 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted slightly off center comes out clean.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- Sometimes this comes out watery (like custard sometimes does), but it still tastes good.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.