- 1 lb firm low-fat tofu, well drained
- ½ cup soy mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp chopped garlic
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon or ¼ tsp. dried
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallions
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 large carrots, grated (1¼ cups)
- 1 cup sprouts, such as clover or alfalfa
- Put tofu into medium bowl.
- Using your hands, crumble until texture resembles mashed eggs.
- Add mayonnaise and stir to blend.
- Stir in mustard, garlic, turmeric, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Then stir in celery and scallions until blended.
- On work surface, place 4 slices of bread.
- On each slice, layer tofu salad, carrots and sprouts.
- Top with remaining bread, cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.