- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu, well-drained and crumbled or diced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- burger buns, rolls or bagels, split and toasted
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and soy sauce and cook, stirring often, until tofu begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin until well mixed.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through and flavors are well blended, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon over toasted buns and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.