Austrian tomato salad
- Serves 4.
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 onions
- vegetable oil
- 6 tbs. vinegar
- 1 tbs. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1/4 ts. fresh ground peper
- Very thinly slice the tomatoes and the onions (the thinner the better).
- Alternately layer tomatoes and onions, sprinkling each layer of tomatoes with a little salt a dash of oregano.
- Add just a bit of oil on top to finish.
- Serve on individual salad plates.
- Sprinkle a bit of oil around the outer edges of the salad, and garnish with a sprinkling of oregano.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.