Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Can be Prepared in 45 minutes or Less.
- Makes about 2½ cups, serving 8 as an hors d'oeuvre.
- 1 large fresh jalapeño chili
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks discarded
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander sprigs
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- Garnish: small coriander sprig
- Accompaniment: spiced curly tortilla chips or plain tortilla chips
- Cut 2 or 3 thin slices from tip of jalapeño (wear rubber gloves) and reserve for Garnish.
- In a saucepan simmer tomatillos and remaining jalapeño in water to cover until tomatillos are tender, about 5 minutes, and transfer tomatillos, jalapeño, and ¼ cup cooking liquid to a blender or food processor.
- Blend salsa until chopped but not completely smooth and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Cool salsa and chill, covered, until cold. Salsa may be prepared up to this point 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- Just before serving, stir coriander, all but 1 teaspoon onion, and salt to taste into salsa.
- In a small bowl stir sour cream until smooth and spoon into center of salsa.
- Garnish sour cream with coriander sprig, reserved jalapeño , and remaining onion and serve with chips.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.