- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into 4 slices
- 15 oz can yellow soybeans, with liquid
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and green pepper and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, ginger and soybeans with liquid and stir well.
- Stir in basil and parsley.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are just tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and discard ginger.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.