Makes 6 servings.
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cook onion and garlic in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until soft.
- Add rice; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed. Stir in 1 cup broth. Cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding broth and water, one cup at a time; each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, cheese, pepper and cream. Stir until creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.