This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Shelton Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1992.
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- Arrange tomatoes in square glass baking dish.
- Shake oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, mustard and garlic in tightly covered jar.
- Pour over tomatoes then cover and refrigerate spooning dressing over tomatoes occasionally.
- Chill 2 hours then arrange tomatoes on lettuce leaves and sprinkle with onions and parsley.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Contributed by :=Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.