Ham, Water Added by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 5 large eggs (or ½ package egg mix, reconstituted)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained whole kernel corn
- ½ cup ham, diced
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons shredded carrots
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- In a large bowl, blend eggs and oil together.
- In a separate bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Blend into egg mixture.
- Add corn, ham, carrots, and onion.
- Oil a griddle or skillet and preheat over medium heat.
- Ladle 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of batter onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear at edges, about 2 minutes.
- Turn over and cook until golden on other side, another 2 minutes.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Excellent served with salsa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.