- 5 large eggs (or ½ package egg mix, reconstituted)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained whole kernel corn
- ½ cup ham, diced
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons shredded carrots
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons chopped onion
1.In a large bowl, blend eggs and oil together.
2.In a separate bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt together. Blend into egg mixture.
3.Add corn, ham, carrots, and onion.
4.Oil a griddle or skillet and preheat over medium heat.
5.Ladle 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of batter onto griddle. Cook until bubbles appear at edges, about 2 minutes. Turn over and cook until golden on other side, another 2 minutes. Remove to a platter and keep warm and covered.
6.Repeat until all batter is used. Excellent served with salsa
- Ham, Water Added by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe