This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups black beans
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 corn tortillas
- Boil black beans in water for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Let soak in cooking water for 1 hour.
- Sauté celery, onion and bell pepper in oil until slightly tender.
- Then in bean soup add salt, cilantro and sautéed vegetables.
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Slightly mash some beans and stir.
- In frying pan warm up tortillas on both sides until they are bendable.
- Put a tortilla in bowl then ladle black bean soup on top of the tortilla.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.