Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, 8-inch size
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, low fat, fat-free or regular
- 12 slices lean turkey (smoked, turkey-ham)
- 8-12 spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
1.Let the cream cheese come to room temperature. Whip with a mixer, or by hand, to make it easier to spread.
2.Using a spatula or knife, spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each tortilla, making sure to reach the edges.
3.Place 3 slices of meat on each tortilla.
4.Put several spinach leaves in the center of the tortilla and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of carrots.
5.Roll tortilla tightly; secure with a toothpick.
6.Cut the tortilla into pinwheels by cutting it in half first, then making bite-sized slices along the tortilla until you reach the end. Lay each piece cut-side down on a serving plate.
- Tortilla Pinwheels from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe in the public domain