- 2 cups arborio or sushi rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package fresh flour tortillas
- 1 bunch chives or scallion greens, julienned
- In a medium-size pot, add the rice and the water.
- Cook covered on a high flame until boiling and then lower flame and continue to cook covered until done (approximately 25 minutes).
- Add one tablespoon of the cumin and salt and pepper.
- Sauté zucchini, onion, cabbage, jalapenos, and garlic in a large pan with the olive oil.
- When vegetables becomes soft, add the remaining cumin and salt and pepper.
- Set mixture aside to cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.