Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 corn tortillas, stacked, cut in half, then cut crosswise in very narrow strips
- 3 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 1½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 14½ oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- Fry half the tortillas strips, turning often, 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat with remaining oil and strips.
- Bring broth, squash and garlic to a boil in a pot.
- Cover reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until squash is almost tender.
- Add tomatoes and chicken, simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Place half the tortilla strips in soup bowls.
- Ladle in the soup.
- Sprinkle with remaining strips and serve with toppings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.