Tostones taste like plantain chips but are thicker and softer. (Step#5 is optional, but always use a pinch of salt on each toston)
- Peel the plantains and cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- In a deep frying pan heat the oil and fry the plantains till golden brown.
- Flatten the plantains using the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass bottle.
- Fry the plantains again for 30 seconds on each side.
- Mix the water, a pinch of salt and the mashed garlic.
- Stir and pour over the plantains. Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.