- head, lungs, kidney and tongue of pork
- 2 cooked cabbages
- 4 raw onions
- 3 or 4 slices dry bread (soak in water meat was cooked in)
- 1 handful salt
- 1 handful pepper
- small handful herbs
- Cook the head, lungs, kidney and tongue of Pork until done.
- Save the water it was boiled in.
- Remove bones and grind.
- Grind and add: 2 cooked cabbages, 4 raw onions, 3 or 4 slices dry bread (soak in water meat was cooked in), 1˝ handful salt, a handful pepper and a small handful herbs.
- Add pig's blood (about 3/4 litre) and 3 or 4 cups water meat was cooked in and mix well.
- Fill casings with mixture.
- Then cook rings of Trèipen in boiling water in open kettle.
- Sausages are done when clear juice spurts out when they are punctured with needle.
- Hang sausages to cool.
- When ready to use, heat well in frying pan or in oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.