Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 8
- 6 medium roma tomatoes, chopped (about 2½ to 3 cups)
- ½ cup olive oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, slivered
- ¼ cup roasted garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pitted oil-cured olives, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese together in a large bowl.
- To serve, top the bruschetta with the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- To roast your own garlic, heat the oven to 400°F.
- Coat ¼ cup peeled whole garlic cloves with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
Roasting garlic Edit
- Put the garlic in a small cast iron pan or in a garlic roaster or small dish that can be covered.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until garlic is tender, lightly golden and very aromatic.
Nutritional information Edit
- (72g-wt.): 90 calories (60 calories from fat) | 7g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 1g dietary fiber | 3g protein | 5g carbohydrate | 5mg cholesterol | 260mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.