- 2 tablespoons fresh coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seeded and minced fresh jalapeno chile
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium ripe papaya, peeled,seeded,and cut into large chunks (about 2 pounds)
- 1 medium ripe mango, pitted,peeled,and cut into large chunks
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In a 3-quart stainless steel bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, malt vinegar, rum, lime juice, and jalapenos.
- Continue to whisk the mixture while pouring in a slow, steady stream of the peanut oil.
- Add the papaya, mango, banana, and kiwi to the dressing, and gently toss.
- Portion 1 c. of dressed fruits per serving, and garnish with the cashews, coconut, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
- The dressed tropical fruits may be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2–3 days.
- Hold the cashews, coconut, and cilantro separately, and garnish just before serving.
- Try this lively fruit salad as a light first course or as a dessert served with a scoop of tropical fruit sorbet and a splash of dark rum.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.