- 5 pieces - 500g chicken portions
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 250 g peas or mixed veggies
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, cardamom, cloves
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds, turmeric, chicken stock
- 2 tsp green herb stock, ground cumin, ground coriander, crushed garlic, crushed ginger, garam masala
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Bone chicken and dice into small pieces.
- Chop chicken bones into small pieces with a sharp knife or use boneless chicken pieces.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into medium size cubes.
- Coarsely slice the onion.
- In a large pot heat the oil and the black mustard seeds.
- Keep covered and fry until the seeds pop (careful not to burn the seeds).
- Add the onions and sauté until tender.
- Add all the spices except the garam masala.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and chicken bones and fry for a few minutes.
- Add all the potatoes and cover with water.
- Bring pot to boil and then simmer gently for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook a further 10 minutes until the chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Lastly add the garam masala, mix and leave for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice.
- To make the curry creamier add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened plain yoghurt when adding the spices.
- One of the favorites with the kids, family recipe with lots of modifications.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.