- 1 whole chicken, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons of freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of coconut paste
- 2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 teaspoon dhania
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 large onions, sliced finely
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 – 3 cardamoms
- 2 tomatoes , cut into small cubes.
- 1 tomato , blended to a smooth paste
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil or ghee (clarified butter)
Blend to a smooth paste Edit
- Marinate the chicken in salt and 2 tablespoon of pepper for ½ hour and place in mixing bowl.
- Fry the chicken in large pan using ¼ of the oil, drain and set aside.
- Fry the onions in rest of the oil till it turns translucent.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and fry for a minute.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till the paste turns brown.
- Add the spices (red chilli powder, etc) and stir in for a minute.
- Now add tomato, coconut paste and the remaining pepper.
- Fry for a while till the whole mixture loses all moisture.
- Now add the tomato paste.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir till all the chicken is well covered with the masala.
- Add 1 – 2 water and keep covered for 10 minutes.
- You can add more water to get a gravy.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- You can eat this with either roti or plain rice/dal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.