"You'll love this cheesy and cramy spread, " promises Debbie Smith of Crossett, Arkansas. "the carrots add nice color and crunch."
- Source: Taste of Home magazine, Dec/Jan '94, p. 18
- Yield: 1¾ cups
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- ⅛ tsp dill weed
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine cheesees, milk, dill and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Stir in carrots.
- Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, stir in the sunflower seeds, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Diabetic exchange: one 2 tbsp. serving, prepared without sunflower seeds, equals ½ meat
- 41 calories | 116mg Sodium | 6mg Cholesterol | 1g Carbohydrate | 5g Protein | 2g Fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.