- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Line large baking sheet with double thickness of foil.
- Sift in salt, baking powder, cocoa and flour into a large bowl to blend.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate and white chocolate chips by hand.
- Heap dough into two long strips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 25 minutes (until tops are cracked).
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 °F.
- Using foil as an aide lift logs onto work surface.
- Cut logs into ¾ in pieces, arrange half of slices (cut side down) on each prepare baking sheet.
- Bake biscotti until just dry to touch (about 8 minutes).
- Turn biscotti and bake again for another 8 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.