Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Trisha Pape
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups day old French bread, torn into pieces
- 8 squares semisweet chocolate (1 oz each), cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream, chocolate shavings, fresh strawberries
- Combine bread, chocolate and butter in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Divide mixture evenly among eight 8 oz ramekins.
- Beat eggs; gradually add milk and next 4 ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture in ramekins.
- Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ramekins in a large shallow baking pan.
- Pour hot water into pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Garnish, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.