- 1 cup cranberry juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup dried cranberries (about 2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
1.Combine cranberry juice concentrate and sugar in medium saucepan.
2.Bring to boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3.Add fresh and dried cranberries and cook until dried berries begin to soften and fresh berries begin to pop, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
4.Remove from heat and stir in orange marmalade, orange juice, orange peel, and allspice.
5.Cool completely – cover and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
- Cranberry Juice Drink Concentrate, Sweetened, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe