This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 yellow onions chopped
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 potatoes peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- Heat butter in a large saucepan.
- Cook garlic, onion and tomato for about five minutes.
- Stir in dill, potatoes and stock then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In food processor purée about one-third of the soup mixture with the cream then return to the pot reheat gently and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.