A waffle recipe featuring triple berry compote as seen on Dora Daily.
- 2 Cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1¾ Cup Almond Milk
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Salt
For Berry CompoteEdit
- 1 Lb Mixed Berries. I used a bag of frozen that contained blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
Optional Coconut WhipEdit
- 1 Can Coconut Cream or full fat coconut milk. (12 to 14 oz). Refrigerated for at least 4 Hours.
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat Waffle Iron.
- Mix oil, milk, vanilla, and sugar together.
- Mix flour baking powder, and salt together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter onto waffle maker and cook according to your manufacturers directions.
- Pour mixed berries into a small pot on the stove. Mix in sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook on low simmer for 10 minutes or so until berry mixture thickens a little. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Open chilled coconut cream and scoop out thickened cream into a bowl or kitchen aid mixer.. Do not include the small amount of liquid in bottom.
- Whip coconut cream on medium high with your stand mixer or hand mixture for 3 or 4 minutes until creamy like, well, whip cream. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, and whip until soft peaks begin to form.
- Top waffles with berry compote and a dollop of whip!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.