I took a long detour around a pineapple fritter recipe and concocted these. We found them to be quite tasty.
- 1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (toasted is ok)
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- Mix ¼ cup sugar with cinnamon and put aside.
- This will be sprinkled on top of the fritters after they are fried.
- Heat oil to about 350°F while oil is heating, in a medium bowl, mix pineapple (don't drain), coconut, macadamia nuts, flour, ½ cup sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Dough will be thick.
- Using a tablespoon, drop dough into oil.
- Fry until golden (about 2 minutes per side) place on paper towel to drain and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- These are best served warm.
- If serving cold make sure to sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar on while they are still warm.
- Could also be sprinkled with confectioners' sugar (10x).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.