Contributed by Lindas Busy Kitchen Desserts Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 8 pineapple slices in juice, drained and 2 tablespoons juice reserved
- 4 maraschino cherries, cut in half, if desired
- ⅓ cup flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands homestyle refrigerated shortcake or homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, melt butter in oven.
- Tilt pan to coat inside with butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices in dish.
- Fill centers of pineapple with cherries and spaces between with coconut and nuts.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until pineapple is hot.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Top each pineapple slice with 1 biscuit.
- Brush tops of biscuits with reserved pineapple juice.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown and no longer doughy in center.
- Immediately place heatproof serving platter upside down over baking dish; turn platter and dish over.
- Remove baking dish.
- Spread any topping remaining in dish over biscuits.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.