- 4 nice trout (½ lb each)
- 7 fluid oz dry riesling (or elbling)
- 10 fl oz fresh cream
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 3 shallots
- a pinch of chervil
- a twig of tarragon
- salt, pepper and paprika
- Clean, wash and dry the trout with a cloth.
- Sprinkle them with salt, pepper and flour.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the trout gently 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile butter a stew pan and place the trout in it.
- Fry the finely chopped herbs in your frying pan, add the dry riesling wine and pour this mixture on the trout in the stew pan.
- Add the fresh cream, season to taste with pepper, salt and a pinch of paprika and place the stew pan into a hot oven.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes basting the trout occasionally.
- Take out the trout and put them on a hot plate.
- Boil your sauce while whisking until thick.
- Cover the trout with the sauce and serve with boiled potatoes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.