- 250 g red lentils
- 1 spoon of sunflower or other vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 spoons berbere
- 200 gr tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying-pan and fry the Onion light golden.
- Add the berbere and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced skinned tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the Lentils, salt and pepper and simmer shortly.
- Add salt, pepper, Lentils and boiling water.
- Cover the pan and simmer the mixture on a low fire for 60 minutes.
- Serve with injera.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.