Eritrean dry peas bowl
- ½ kilogram dry green peas
- 3 large onions
- ½ cup oil
- 1 head garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- Soak the peas in tap water for 20 minutes.
- Peel the onions and cut into small cubes.
- Peel and mash the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the ginger, pepper and salt and 2 cups water.
- Stir well, cover and bring to boil.
- When the water boil, add the peas and the rest of the water and cook 40 minutes on a medium-low flame.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.