Spiced beef stew
- 3 large onions; chopped (4 cups)
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 3 tbsp chow
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt; to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1½ lb beef chuck; cut into half inch cubes
- In dry pan over moderate heat, stir fry the onions for 4 minus to reduce the bulk, stirring constantly.
- Add the oil and stir fry for about 1 minute longer.
- Add the chow and tomato paste and continue to fry.
- Then add the salt and ¼ of the water.
- Stir well.
- Add the beef cubes and the remaining water.
- Cover the pan and cook for 45 minus, or until the beef is tender.
- There should be a moderate amount of sauce.
- Serve warm with injera.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.