Jeanne has provided a very tasty Lemon Bars recipe that, as it turns out, appears to be an Omani dessert. Her recipe is for only half the size, and without a glaze.
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1/4 Cup of confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 2 Tbsp of flour
- 1/2 Tsp of baking powder
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Confectioner's sugar
- Combine flour and confectioner's sugar.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Press into 8" square pan, to form crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Blend in sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon rind & juice; Mix Well.
- Pour over crust.
- Continue baking 20–25 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut into bars.
Should yield two dozen.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.