Makes 3 to 4 servings.
- 1 medium tart cooking apple, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons seedless raisins
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1½ cups cooked rice
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 x 6½-ounce can tuna, drained and flaked
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Cook apple, celery, onion and raisins in butter in large skillet until tender crisp.
- Stir in rice, curry powder, salt and pepper; heat thoroughly.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Arrange tuna on top of rice mixture.
- Blend mayonnaise and lemon juice in small bowl; spoon over tuna.
- Garnish with tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.