Got a hot baking dish? This divine tuna dish is made with real macaroni, cream of mushroom soup, and cheese and has a red-hot taste with the seafood and milk when baked to clear perfection, as it is great on dinner or lunch and delivers a colorful aroma that it relishes. Salmon, corn flakes, and chili oil work for this casserole too, but the effort and taste are worth it.
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, black or red only
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 2 cups corn squares (like Corn Chex), crushed or (2 ¾ cups corn flakes)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- ½ cup shredded low-fat cheese (Colby, Cheddar, Mozzarella, or Swiss)
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Mix the cooked macaroni, milk, pepper, soup, drained vegetables, and tuna in a 2-quart casserole.
- Combine the crushed cereal and margarine or butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes until bubbly around the edge.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top. Allow to set for 5 minutes. Serve hot and plain or with any seafood.