Cook Time: About 45 minutes total
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 2 cups corn squares (like Corn Chex), crushed
- ½ cup shredded lowfat cheddar cheese
1.Heat oven to 400°F.
2.Mix the cooked macaroni, milk, pepper, soup, drained vegetables, and tuna in a 2-quart casserole.
3.Combine the crushed cereal and margarine or butter.
4.Sprinkle over casserole.
5.Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes until bubbly around the edge.
6.Sprinkle cheese over the top. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Corn Squares Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe