Makes 6 servings
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 x 14½-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ½-inch squares
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 x 6½-ounce cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Drain tomatoes; reserve juice. Quarter tomatoes and set aside.
- Cook onion, green pepper and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add ½ cup reserved tomato juice, pepper sauce, salt and black pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add tuna and tomatoes to skillet; mix gently. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.