Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅔ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 x 6- to 7-ounce can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half and half, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine rice, egg and Swiss cheese; press evenly into buttered 10-inch pie pan. Spread tomatoes over crust; top with Tuna.
- Cook Onion in butter until tender but not brown. Blend in flour. Add 3/4 cup half and half and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Continue to cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ¼ cup half and half, salt, nutmeg, red pepper and eggs; add to hot mixture.
- Pour mixture evenly into crust. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Dust with paprika. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes or until set.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.