- a few tablespoons of butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoon of fresh, chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 tins of tuna
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of ground cayenne (red) pepper
- salt to taste
- white rice
- In a large pan, saute the onion and green pepper in butter until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, and cilantro and saute until the tomatoes are very tender.
- Open the cans of tuna and drain the tuna.
- Add the tuna to the pan with the lemon, spices and salt.
- Add four tablespoons of water and stir gently, leaving the tuna in chunks.
- Cook for 1 more minute.
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice (see recipe above).
- As soon as the rice is cooked spread it over the tuna mixture.
- Cover the pan and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Flip onto a serving tray (tuna mixture coming out on top) and serve hot with plain yogurt on the side and a fresh salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.